BCUHB Research and Innovation Department Photographic Competition 2020 – kindly support by Awyr Las.
· All entries must be received by 5 pm on Saturday 1st August 2020, entries received after this date will not be considered.
· Winners and exhibitors will be notified by email on or before 18th August 2020.
· To be eligible you need to be an employee of BCUHB.
· Entry to the competition is free
· The theme is intentionally broad and we would encourage you to be as inventive and creative as you like in capturing your unique and valuable perspective of this challenging time in the life of our Health Board. Suggestions may include but are not limited to camaraderie, innovation, care, precious moments, collaboration and change.
· You must enter your photograph under your own name.
· We reserve the right to reject any entries which we deem to be offensive or unsuitable.
· Members of the Awry Las Support Team are excluded from entry.
How to enter
· Submit your entry by email to Melissa.email@example.com and state in the body of the email your full name, contact phone number, confirm that you are a member of BCUHB staff and confirm you have read and understand the T & Cs. You may also provide a brief (no more than 100 words) description of what inspired your photograph.
· Each photograph must have a unique file name when it is sent following the format
“initial_surname_imagetitle.jpg” for example t_jones_our team.jpg
· You may enter up to 5 times.
· Prints or entries received by post will not be considered or returned.
Digital image format
· Photographs should meet a minimum file size of 1MB and not exceed 5MB
· Minimum accepted resolution is 250 dpi
· Entries must be submitted as .jpeg and must not be submitted from film stills.
· Winners and entrants selected for the exhibitor will be required to supply their images in a high resolution format for print and publicity purposes.
Entry terms, consent and copyright
· You must be aged 18 or over to enter.
· Entries must be your original work and you must hold copyright of the image.
· You may submit photographs that you have taken prior to the announcement of the competition as long as they meet the requirements of the full Terms and Conditions of the competition.
· Photographs which have been submitted for display elsewhere or won prizes in other photographic competitions may not be entered.
· Light touch ups are acceptable to sharpen images, remove red eye, scratches or spots beyond this entrants must declare if the image has been modified or manipulated and the method and extent of this.
· Entrants must not have breached any laws when taking their photographs. Individuals – including patients and staff - captured within the images must have consented and proof of consent must be submitted with application. Entrants are responsible for gaining written permission from the parent or guardian of individuals in their photograph if those individuals are under 16 years old. Visit http://howis.wales.nhs.uk/sitesplus/861/document/361232 for BCUHB consent form.
· Photographs including the wearing and usage of PPE will be reviewed by a representative of the BCUHB Infection Control team before being accepted in to the competition.
· By entering the competition you agree to BCUHB publishing and exhibiting your image (s) in perpetuity as part of its work and without payment for use. Entrant’s grant this none-exclusive right to BCUHB but will retain full copyright in their images.
· By entering the competition entrants agree to their images been used for publicity and promotional activities including use by local and national press.
· Winners may be approached to take part in publicity.
· Prizes are none transferable
· If entrants subsequently choose to use the image(s) they have submitted for commercial purposes they must notify BCUHB Research and Innovation Department of their intent by emailing Melissa.firstname.lastname@example.org
· Entries will be judged by 2 representatives of BCUHB Executive and Independent Board members and all decisions will be final.
· First, second and third prize winners will receive a digital device
· BCUHB R and D department accepts no responsibility for entries that are lost, damaged or illegible or from which the prize winner cannot be identified or for any technical failure or other event that may cause the competition to be disrupted or corrupted.
· In the event of an error , howsoever caused, whether a printing error or otherwise and whether obvious or otherwise, which affects the competition in any way, the organisers reserve the right to administer the competition as though the error had not occurred. Where the organisers deem if appropriate and / or feasible BCUHB R & D department will notify entrants of the error.
· Failure to comply with any of the T & Cs will result in the disqualification of the entry.
· The BCUHB R & D team will arrange collection or delivery of the prizes following current Government guidelines.
· There will be no cash or alternative to the prize offered and prizes are not transferable.
· Personal information will be captured as part of the submission process and used for the purpose of processing your entry, prize notification and may also be displayed with your image in subsequent exhibitions, educational meetings and other events.
· In the event that you are a prize winner your name and organisation only will be made available to the press and media alongside the image for press and promotional purposes.
· Personal information will not be stored or processed for any other purposes and BCUHB Research and Innovation Department will not share personal information with any third party without express permission from the entrant. It is BCUHB Research and Innovation Departments policy to comply fully with the Data Protection legislation.